SAN DIEGO – Movie buffs, comic-book collectors, sci-fi fans and nerds and geeks of all stripes have taken over San Diego for Comic-Con, the city’s annual pop culture convention.

Now in its 41st year, Comic-Con draws more than 120,000 fans to the San Diego Convention Center for a four-day event showcasing upcoming movies, TV shows and video games, along with toys, collectibles, costumes and comic books.

The fan-focused festival promises loads of freebies, exclusive looks at yet-to-be-released fare and colorful costumes galore.

Donna Moore, of San Diego, came prepared with different costumes for each day of the convention. She dressed as Jack Sparrow for opening night and has Klingon and punk-rock costumes ready for later in the week.

A veteran of 12 Comic-Cons, she loves dressing up, but she’s most interested in learning about forthcoming films.

“It’s always a kick to see what’s coming up,” said the 54-year-old. “I love the Con.”

John Lord, 27, likes to check out the movie previews, but his real love is video games.

“I like to see new games and listen to the developers talk about how they did it,” said the San Diego resident

A lineup of fans waiting to claim their Comic-Con passes stretched around the convention center hours before the festival began.

Teen sensation busts a move into the world of ‘CSI’

NEW YORK – Justin Bieber will guest star in the upcoming season of “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.”

CBS said Thursday Bieber will play “a troubled teen faced with a terrible decision regarding his only brother.” He’ll make his “CSI” debut on the season premiere scheduled for Sept. 23.

The network didn’t say how many episodes will include the 16-year-old teen pop sensation, but called his character’s plot line “an emotional story that will conclude later in the season.”

ABC recently announced that Bieber will also make a cameo in the second season of “Shaq Vs.,” the reality competition series with Shaquille O’Neal. The NBA star will visit Bieber and join in a dance crew competition.

Cowell sued by woman for using ‘Talent’ tape

LONDON – A woman who was rejected from the TV show “Britain’s Got Talent” is trying to sue the program’s host Simon Cowell for publicly humiliating her.

Emma Czikai says Cowell was responsible for broadcasting her audition clip, despite her writing to him explaining that health problems had affected her performance.

The 54-year-old said Thursday at a pre-hearing review in London that she brought the case to retain her “self-respect and dignity.” The review will determine if a full employment tribunal can go ahead.

She says her performance of Westlife’s “You Raise Me Up” last year was affected by an ailment that caused painful swelling all over the body.

The Sun newspaper reported that Czikai is seeking 2.5 million pounds ($3.8 million) in the lawsuit.

Aniston takes action on stalker

SANTA MONICA, Calif. – A court has issued a temporary restraining order to Jennifer Aniston against a man who authorities say traveled cross-country in a delusional attempt to marry her.

Court documents filed Tuesday in Santa Monica, Calif., say police detained Jason R. Peyton last week after finding him with a sharp object, duct tape and love notes to the “Friends” star. Authorities say he was stopped after spending days trying to find Aniston on Sunset Boulevard.

The filings state Peyton has been accused of stalking others and is disobeying court orders that he must take anti-psychotic medications.

The 24-year-old was placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold by Los Angeles police. A hearing on the order will be held Aug. 9.