LOS ANGELES – Paris Hilton was sued Wednesday for allegedly wearing someone else’s hair.

A company that manufactures hair extensions claimed the 29-year-old socialite breached her contract to wear and promote their product when she sported the fake locks of a competitor in 2008.

Hairtech International Inc. is seeking $35 million in damages – 10 times what she was apparently paid under the contract. The fraud and breach-of-contract suit also cites the heiress’ partying as contrary to Hairtech’s marketing campaign.

The filing also claims Hilton missed a launch party for the hair extension line because she was serving a stint in jail in 2007. Hilton served 23 days that year after she was caught driving twice on a suspended license while on probation for reckless driving. The filing states the company lost $6.6 million on the launch party alone.

Phone and e-mail messages to Hilton’s publicist, Dawn Miller, were not immediately returned.

The case isn’t the first time Hilton’s role as a pitchwoman has gotten her sued. The producers of the film “Pledge This!” sued Hilton in 2008 in federal court in Miami, claiming she didn’t properly promote the film. A judge ruled last year that she didn’t owe the roughly $8.3 million it cost to make the film, which played in fewer than two dozen theaters.

MTV brings back Kanye despite outburst

NEW YORK – A year after his outburst at the MTV Video Music Awards, Kanye West will return.

The rapper is scheduled to perform at the show Sept. 12 in Los Angeles. Last year, he dissed Taylor Swift at the event, grabbing the microphone from her as she accepted the award for best female video and saying Beyonce should have won it.

His remark of “I’m ‘a let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time” received a blizzard of negative attention.

West later apologized and took a hiatus from music. He will release his fifth studio album, “Dark Twisted Fantasy,” in November.

Lady Gaga leads this year’s VMAs with 13 nominations.

Zsa Zsa in good spirits as she gets out of hospital

LOS ANGELES – Zsa Zsa Gabor returned home Wednesday to recuperate after being hospitalized at the UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center since July 17 for a broken hip. Prince Frederic von Anhalt, the 93-year-old actress’ eccentric partner, told reporters outside their Bel-Air mansion overlooking Los Angeles that Gabor is glad to be back.

“She is happy,” he said. “She smiled already and started flirting with the guys who took her home.”

The Hungarian-born, glamour-loving actress’ condition deteriorated after she underwent hip-replacement surgery She had broken her hip while trying to get into her wheelchair.

Gabor, who has to use a wheelchair after a 2002 car accident and a 2005 stroke, was originally expected to spend one week in the hospital but ended up being there four weeks.

Attendant wants to fly again

NEW YORK – A flight attendant suddenly famous for his expletive-filled exit from a plane at Kennedy Airport wants to return to flying.

Steven Slater’s attorney, Howard Turman, said at news conference Thursday outside his client’s home that flying “is in his blood.”

Slater, 38, briefly thanked all the people who had sent him support and love since his Monday meltdown aboard a JetBlue flight.

Travelers say Slater cursed at passengers over the public address system, deployed the emergency slide and made an escape. He’s accused of criminal mischief and reckless endangerment.