STANDISH — Fire crews from Standish, Windham and Gorham responded to a chimney fire at 1080 Chadbourne Road in Standish Monday night.

Officials arrived on scene shortly after 9 p.m. and found smoke coming from the eves of the Cape-style home with an attached apartment, Fire Chief Brent Libby said.

The fire was contained to the attic space above the kitchen, burning through the roof over the kitchen. Crews were able to get the fire under control within an hour and were cleared from the scene by 1 a.m. this morning, Libby said. There were no injuries and the rest of the house sustained smoke, heat and water damage due to the fire.

The initial investigation shows the fire may have started around a wood stove and chimney in the kitchen, Libby said. The State Fire Marshal’s office is expected to continue their investigation today.

A family of seven was at home at the time of the fire. The family, along with a tenant in the attached apartment, have been displaced and are receiving aid from Red Cross, Libby said.