Battery’s the charge in Lohan dispute

LOS ANGELES – Lindsay Lohan is under investigation for an alleged misdemeanor battery against a female staffer at a rehab facility where the actress is receiving treatment, authorities said Tuesday.

Riverside County sheriff’s Deputy Herlinda Valenzuela said officers responded to a Betty Ford Center facility in Palm Desert on Dec. 12 shortly after 1 a.m. for an incident involving Lohan.

Valenzuela says a female staffer reported having a dispute with the “Mean Girls” star and that she wanted to pursue charges. No arrests were made and Valenzuela says detectives continue to look into the case.

Their results will be presented to Riverside County prosecutors, who will decide whether to file a criminal case, Valenzuela said.

Messages for Lohan’s attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, were not immediately returned. An e-mail message seeking comment from a Betty Ford spokesman was not immediately returned, although the facility does not comment on its patients.

Lohan has been receiving treatment at the Betty Ford Center and its facilities, about 120 miles east of Los Angeles, since late September.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elden S. Fox, who is overseeing her probation for a 3-year-old drunk driving case has required Lohan to remain at the rehab center until Jan. 3.

Second ‘Rock’ star gets kidney transplant

LOS ANGELES – “30 Rock” star Tracy Morgan is recovering from a kidney transplant.

A statement released Monday by Morgan’s publicist says Morgan is doing well and taking “much-needed time” to recover from the surgery earlier this month.

The statement says the actor-comedian looks forward to returning to work on the New York-based NBC sitcom after the holidays.

The 42-year-old Morgan plays the goofy star of a TV show on “30 Rock.” Another “30 Rock” cast member, Grizz Chapman, also received a new kidney earlier this year.

It’s not known if Morgan’s surgery will affect production of the sitcom.

Judge trims key parts from Hairtech’s lawsuit

 

LOS ANGELES – A judge has trimmed several claims in a $35 million lawsuit against Paris Hilton by a company that claimed she didn’t properly endorse its line of hair extensions.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Gregory Alarcon ruled Friday that Hairtech International Inc.’s lawsuit did not properly plead several key claims, including fraud. He also ordered stricken several references to allegations of Hilton wearing competitors’ hair products.

Alarcon’s ruling also removes Hilton’s father, Rick Hilton, from the case.

Hairtech sued Hilton, 29, in August, and she has since countersued, claiming the company owes her $1.7 million.

Records show attorneys will now try to resolve the case through private mediation before a trial scheduled to begin next November.

‘Kings’ finish with a blaze

 

LONDON – Sixty firefighters tackled a blaze on Tuesday at London’s O2 Arena that engulfed two tour buses belonging to the U.S. band Kings of Leon.

The fire forced the Tennessee rockers to cancel Tuesday night’s concert – the finale to their European tour.

A dozen fire engines were called out to battle the early morning fire in a loading area. Six people were treated for smoke inhalation, but no one was hospitalized.

The band said in a statement that the show will be rescheduled for next year.