Just hours after Brad Womack finally proposed on the season 15 finale of ABC’s “The Bachelor,” Madawaska native Ashley Hebert confirmed that she will be the next woman to star on “The Bachelorette.”

Hebert made the announcement on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Monday night.

Production for the seventh season of ABC’s “Bachelorette,” which will premiere May 23, is under way, People magazine reported in its online edition.

Hebert, a 26-year-old dental student, told People, “I’m ready to meet 25 new guys. Bring ’em on!”

Hebert, one of the last three “Bachelor” finalists, was bid adieu by Womack during the Feb. 28 episode of the reality show. On Monday night, the 38-year-old Texas heartbreaker presented 24-year-old Emily Maynard of Morgantown, W.Va., with his final rose and a dazzling Neil Lane diamond engagement ring. She said yes.

The other finalist, Chantal O’Brien, left in tears, ABC reported on its website.

Womack first appeared on “The Bachelor” in 2007 during season 11, and shot to infamy after being the first “Bachelor” to reject the final two contestants.

Sheen’s ‘truth torpedo’ is sold out in two cities

NEW YORK — Charlie Sheen wants you to know the tickets are gone for his pair of live appearances next month.

The outspoken actor has tweeted: “Fastball; Detroit/Chicago sold out in minutes … Thanks to Sheen’s Cadre..!”

No details about the show have been disclosed, but it’s being billed as “Charlie Sheen Live: My Violent Torpedo of Truth.”

Sheen spokesman Larry Solters confirmed Sunday the April 2 and 3 appearances are sold out.

Sheen announced the show last week to his more than 2 million Twitter followers, calling it “the REAL story.”

Earlier in the week, the 45-year-old actor was fired from the hit CBS show “Two and a Half Men.” He then sued the show’s producers for $100 million for breach of contract.

Hatch, heading to jail, says, ‘I hope I’m released soon’

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Reality TV star Richard Hatch presented himself to U.S. marshals in Rhode Island on Monday to begin a nine-month prison sentence for failing to pay taxes on the $1 million he won on first season of the CBS show “Survivor.”

Hatch arrived at U.S. District Court in Providence just after noon, wearing a blue sweatsuit. He told reporters outside the courthouse that he is innocent. He has appealed his case in Boston.

“I hope I’m released soon,” Hatch said. “But this system is not effective in dealing with the truth.”

Hatch lives in Newport and currently is appearing on NBC’s “The Celebrity Apprentice.” He spent three years in prison for tax evasion before being released in 2009 and was serving a three-year term of supervised release. He was supposed to refile his 2000 and 2001 taxes and pay what he owed, but he never did.

Stars to pass on ‘Speech’ play

NEW YORK — If “The King’s Speech” comes to Broadway next season as planned, it won’t be with the two stars of the Academy Award-winning hit movie.

Producer Michael Alden said Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush would not reprise their roles as the stammering Duke of York and the speech therapist who treats and befriends him. Firth won an Oscar and Rush was nominated for best supporting actor, losing to Christian Bale.

In an interview Thursday, Rush said that reading the play three years ago helped persuade him to do the film. Writer David Seidler, who overcame stuttering himself, wrote the script before he completed the screenplay.

“I know David Seidler would like me to do the play,” Rush, 59, said at a benefit for the Brooklyn Academy of Music, where he was winding up his run in the title role of “The Diary of a Madman.”

“I have to keep myself alert and diversified. I’m getting older and I have to be open to other possibilities.”

Rush also cautioned against an immediate stage production. “They have to let the film mellow with the audience,” he said.

Alden, a co-producer of the musical “Grey Gardens,” is reportedly trying to raise $3.5 million to present the play.