BRUNSWICK – George Mills and Zach Duffy combined for all five of Brunswick’s fourth-quarter goals Saturday, Mills getting the winner with 1:06 remaining to cap a rally from a three-goal deficit as the Dragons beat Mt. Ararat 10-9 in boys’ lacrosse.

In a regular-season finale, Mt. Ararat took an 8-5 lead into the final quarter after trailing 4-2 in the first half, but Duffy fed Mills in front with Brunswick a man up to start the comeback with eight minutes to go.

Mt. Ararat (6-6) had a chance to keep possession and possibly add to its lead when a Brunswick player was sent to the penalty box with less than four minutes left. But Duffy took advantage of an unforced turnover, taking a pass from Oliver Lowe and grounding a shot past goalie Ed McGuire to make it 8-7.

McGuire stopped bids from Duffy and Hunter Ouellette, but Brunswick (6-6) stayed on the attack, and Duffy tied it with an underhanded shot with 2:12 left.

Josh Richards came out from behind the net to bounce a shot past Brunswick goalie James Wilgus to put the Eagles back on top 20 seconds later, but Mt. Ararat turned it over on an illegal procedure call, and Mills converted a Duffy feed on the left of the crease to tie it again.

An Eagle penalty gave the Dragons another man advantage with 1:12 to go, and they cashed in just six seconds later. Duffy again found Mills on the left, and Mills drilled his fourth goal of the game.

“They’re an amazing team,” Mills said of the Eagles, who lost 12-4 to Brunswick in the opener but gave the Dragons all they could handle in the rematch. “They made us work for everything we got.”

“We knew they weren’t the same team we’d faced earlier,” said Duffy. “We knew they’d come to play.”

“We were on the other side against Messalonskee,” said Mills, “giving up a lead and losing, and the coaches had a great game plan for this game. We just kept the mentality that anything’s possible.”

“Coach (Don) Glover has a sign that says, ‘Believe,”‘ Duffy added, “and we believed. We found a way.”

Both offenses struggled in the opening quarter, which ended with Mt. Ararat up 2-1 on goals from Jeremy Hart and Richards after Burleigh Desjardins gave Brunswick the early lead.

Seth Holmblad scored two goals and Tom Purinton one, all from Brandon Matt, as the Dragons went up 4-2 four minutes into the second quarter, but two goals by Nick Parsons and one each from Hart and Casey Becker gave the Eagles a 6-4 lead at the half.

Mills scored in the opening minute of the third quarter, but Hart made it 8-5 after three with two unassisted goals.

“That’s a good group of players,” Glover said of the Eagles, “and Coach (Matt) Haskell has done a great job with them. We knew it would be a dog fight and they stepped on us early. We could have packed it in.”

“It took us a while to get started,” Haskell said, “but we started to move the ball well in the second and third periods. We took a lot of penalties late, and that hurt us.”