PORTLAND — A group of parents who want Cathedral School to stay open has until Monday to provide additional information about their funding plan.

The group met with Bishop Richard Malone on Wednesday to outline their proposal and a new way to finance the parochial school. The group has asked Malone to issue a decision by today.

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland issued a statement in the late afternoon saying that the bishop was awaiting additional information.

“Because the decision is so important to everyone involved, the bishop has extended the deadline until noon on Monday and the parents group is in agreement,” the statement said.

The diocese announced in April that the 147-year-old school would close after the last day of classes on June 16.