BRUNSWICK — A devastating fire isn’t keeping Brunswick’s Unitarian Universalist Church from holding Sunday services.

Church representatives say Sunday-morning services are being held across the street from the heavily damaged church inside the town’s Curtis Memorial Library.

The fire started about 1 a.m. Monday and has been blamed on old faulty electrical wiring at the back of the 125-year-old church.

The building received extensive damage, but firefighters were able to save a Bible that was signed and passed on by famous 19th-century poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, who was a member of a church that was the predecessor to the Unitarian Universalist Church.