BATH – Cassie Darrow scored two breakaway goals in the second half as third-seeded Falmouth advanced to the state championship game by knocking off top-ranked and previously unbeaten Morse 2-1 in the Western Class B girls’ soccer final Wednesday.

The Yachtsmen (12-4-1) will meet Presque Isle (14-1-1) for the state title Saturday at Hampden Academy.

The Shipbuilders (16-1) led 1-0 at halftime on a goal by Katie Henrikson and nearly doubled the margin four minutes into the second half when Christina Stewart sent a corner kick from the right to the back post, where Bess Howell headed it down and toward the near post.

But Olivia Hoch managed to block it, and as the ball rattled around the crease, keeper Caroline Lucas made a diving grab.

With 28 minutes left, Falmouth started carrying play, winning most of the balls and keeping the ball in the Morse end.

Five minutes later it was tied after Caitlin Bucksbaum, on her side of midfield, sent a pass to Darrow running down the right.

Darrow carried to the edge of the box and created enough space to ground a shot inside the far left side with 23:11 left.

“That was just a great ball from Caitlin,” said Darrow. “She’s so good at that, and I was just glad to be able to finish it for her.”

Stewart shot high off a Howell steal and feed as Morse countered, but after Angela Mallis headed a Bucksbaum corner wide, Darrow scored the winner on a solo effort, stealing at midfield and racing in alone before beating keeper Sadia Crosby inside the near right post with 17:01 to go.

“All year long, Coach (Wally LeBlanc) has been preaching resilience,” said Darrow, “and that’s been our focus. We just had a change in mentality after halftime; we decided we had to work hard for each other.”

Both teams had a pair of threats in a back-and-forth first five minutes, Lucas coming out to smother a Henrikson break-in, then leaping to rob Stewart after a smart Field pass.

At the other end, Crosby came up with a leaping save off a Bucksbaum drive and then a diving stop off Alex Bernier after Darrow worked through the defense and crossed.

Lucas stopped a Field blast from the right corner before Field and Henrikson combined on some nifty footwork to give Morse the lead.

Field dribbled through a pair of defenders before passing to Henrikson on the left, and she cut to the right to get past her defender before sending a grounder back inside the far post at 19:13.

“When you play a good team, you’re going to have your struggles,” said LeBlanc. “They are an excellent team and they put us on our heels a little. And to tell the truth, I didn’t like it.

“At halftime we made two adjustments. One, relax; and two, find our midfielders. Once we changed our midfield play, we were able to counterattack.”

Morse Coach Steve Boyce’s assessment was similar.

“We lost the middle,” he said. “The tide turned and it was nothing we said. It just wasn’t coming easy.”

As for the Shipbuilders’ season-long flirt with perfection, Boyce said, “It was magical. Take away the last 20 minutes and I’m standing here on Cloud 9.

“But the kids were phenomenal and they have nothing to hang their heads about.”