ORONO — Investigators say a fire that forced 23 University of Maine students out of their off-campus apartments was caused by a hair dryer.

Lt. Tim York of the state Fire Marshal’s Office said Monday a malfunctioning hair dryer in a first-floor bedroom caused the Saturday night blaze at Stillwater Village apartments.

No one was injured. Two firefighters were treated for minor injuries.

He says the first has been ruled an accident.

A university spokesman tells the Bangor Daily News that all the displaced students have found new housing, either on campus or with family and friends.

The university is working to replace students’ school supplies, such as textbooks and computers, and will offer meal plans to feed them during their transition.