ELIOT — Firefighters in Eliot responded to a fire at 324 Goodwin Road Thursday morning, site of an electrician’s business.

Fire was reported at 6:43 a.m. by the business owner. When crews arrived, half the building was burning, said Fire Chief Jay Muzeroll. That 20- by 30-foot section – as well as the electrical equipment and generators – was a total loss, though the rest of the building, including the office, barn and attached house, were saved, he said.

Nobody was injured.

The fire was out and crews were mopping up by 9:15 a.m.

Investigators suspect a window-mounted pellet stove may have contributed to the fire, Muzeroll said. The units look like an air conditioner with about half outside the window and half inside it, he said.

The fire appeared to start on the outside of the building so there may have been a problem with the exhaust, he said.

Years ago, the building was known as East Eliot Garage, Muzeroll said.