ITHACA, N.Y. – Ellyn Grant-Keane scored the tying goal in the second half and set up the winner by Amanda Callanan as Ithaca beat Bowdoin 2-1 Sunday in the second round of the NCAA Division III women’s soccer tournament.
Bowdoin (11-4-4) opened the scoring in the 25th minute when Abby Einwag headed in a pass from Jamie Hofstetter.
Ithaca improved to 19-1-2.
UMASS-BOSTON 3, BOWDOIN 2: The Beacons (20-11) won the fifth set 15-13 to edge the Polar Bears (28-5) in the third round of the NCAA Division III tournament at New London, Conn.
Tory Edelman finished with 14 kills, and Ellie Brennan added 11 kills, four digs and four blocks for the Polar Bears.
NCAAs: University of Southern Maine senior Molly Carl and Colby senior Berol Dewdney headed the list of individual women’s qualifiers from the New England Regional for the NCAA Division III championships, the NCAA announced Sunday.
Carl finished sixth in the region Saturday with a time of 21 minutes, 45.26 seconds over the 6-kilometer course, earning a trip to nationals for the second year in a row. Dewdney placed 11th in 22:01.96.
Bates qualified as a team in both the men’s and women’s races, and the Bowdoin men earned an automatic bid as regional runner-up.
The championship meet is Saturday in Terre Haute, Ind.
(2) LOUISVILLE 79, MANHATTAN 51: Russ Smith scored 23 points, and Peyton Siva added 10 points and 10 assists as the Cardinals pulled away from the visiting Jaspers in their season opener.
(4) OHIO STATE 82, ALBANY 60: Deshaun Thomas scored 13 of his 19 points in a 17-2 run to end the first half, leading Ohio State (1-0) to a victory over visiting Albany (1-1).
(9) SYRACUSE 62, (20) SAN DIEGO STATE 49: C.J. Fair and Michael Carter-Williams each scored 16 points, and Syracuse blew past San Diego State in its opener on the flight deck of the decommissioned USS Midway in San Diego.
(10) FLORIDA 84, ALABAMA STATE 35: Kenny Boynton scored 22 points and Florida (1-0) cruised past visiting Alabama State.
(11) NORTH CAROLINA 80, FLORIDA ATLANTIC 56: James Michael McAdoo had 19 points and 11 rebounds to help North Carolina (2-0) beat visiting Florida Atlantic (0-1).
(12) ARIZONA 82, CHARLESTON SOUTHERN 73: Mark Lyons, a transfer from Xavier, scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half of his Arizona debut, and the Wildcats escaped with a season-opening victory over visiting Charleston Southern.
(19) BAYLOR 78, JACKSON STATE 47: Pierre Jackson had 25 points and seven assists for Baylor (2-0) in a win over visiting Jackson State.
(23) WISCONSIN 87, SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA 47: Junior Ben Brust had 14 points and 11 rebounds, and Wisconsin scored the first 19 points in a rout of visiting Southeastern Louisiana.
(24) CINCINNATI 80, TENNESSEE-MARTIN 57: Cashmere Wright scored 16 points and Sean Kilpatrick added 14 as Cincinnati beat visiting Tennessee-Martin.
UCONN 103, CHARLESTON 39: Breanna Stewart scored 21 points in her college debut, and the Huskies won their 17th consecutive season opener, at Storrs, Conn.
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis had 19 points, hitting 5 of 10 shots from 3-point range.
(4) STANFORD 97, SANTA CLARA 57: Chiney Ogwumike scored 22 points and Joslyn Tinkle added 19 for Stanford (2-0) in a win at Santa Clara (1-1).
(5) MARYLAND 88, LOYOLA 45: Tianna Hawkins scored 26 of her 33 points in the first half as Maryland cruised past crosstown rival Loyola.