PHIPPSBURG — The Phippsburg Fire Department with help from colleagues in Bath rescued a man who got stuck in a chimney during the weekend.
Phippsburg Chief James Totman says the department got a call at about 5:15 a.m. Saturday for a 19-year-old man stuck in a chimney.
Totman tells The Times Record that Cody Ayer was lodged about four feet down.
The Bath Fire Department used its ladder truck to swing over the chimney, take bricks down, and get to the man. The rescue took about 45 minutes.
Totman says Ayer may have been cleaning the chimney. He did not require medical attention.
Police took custody of Ayer on a parole violation and transported him to jail.