LAKE WALES, Fla. – Warner University defeated Saint Joseph’s College in overtime 62-59 in a women’s basketball game at the Holiday Inn Express Invitational Tournament on Friday night.
Junior forward Lindsay Moore led the Monks (5-4) with 22 points on 11-of-14 shooting and pulled down seven rebounds in a losing effort.
JAMES MADISON 88, MAINE 34: Tarik Hislop scored 14 points and Kirby Burkholder added 13 to lead six players in double figures for the Dukes (5-6) as they dominated the Black Bears (1-10) at Harrisonburg, Va.
Maine was led by Danielle Walczak with nine points and five rebounds. Ashleigh Roberts and Liz Wood chipped in with seven points apiece for the Black Bears.
ILLINOIS 70, (6) GEORGIA 59: Karisma Penn had 27 points and 19 rebounds, and upset-minded Illinois (7-5) sent Georgia (12-1) to its first loss of the season with a win at Champaign, Ill.
(7) KENTUCKY 90, ALCORN STATE 23: Samarie Walker had 21 points and 14 rebounds, and Kentucky (11-1) allowed its fewest points in school history with a win at home.
(9) MARYLAND 76, BROWN 36: Tianna Hawkins scored 16 of her 20 points in the first half, and Maryland (9-2) cruised to a win in the opening round of the Terrapin Classic at College Park, Md.
(13) TENNESSEE 75, DAVIDSON 40: Bashaara Graves and Cierra Burdick recorded double-doubles as Tennessee won at home to avoid its first three-game losing streak since 1986.
(16) NORTH CAROLINA 85, EAST TENNESSEE STATE 44: Tierra Ruffin-Pratt had 18 points and nine assists to lead North Carolina (12-1) to an easy win at Chapel Hill, N.C.
(5) INDIANA 93, JACKSONVILLE 59: Jordan Hulls scored 17 of his season-high 20 points in the first half, leading the Hoosiers (12-1) at Bloomington, Ind.
The Hoosiers will take a three-game winning streak into Big Ten play, which begins Monday at Iowa.
(13) GONZAGA 94, BAYLOR 87: Kevin Pangos made seven 3-pointers and scored 31 points to lead Gonzaga (12-1) over Baylor (9-4) at Spokane, Wash.