STANFORD, Calif. – Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis and second-ranked Connecticut played spoiler and streak-buster this time, snapping No. 1 Stanford’s nation-leading 82-game home unbeaten run with a surprisingly easy 61-35 rout Saturday.
It was the Huskies who saw the end of their NCAA record 90-game winning streak at Maples Pavilion with a 71-59 loss two years ago, almost to the day on Dec. 30.
Mosqueda-Lewis scored 19 points as UConn (11-0) outplayed Stanford (11-1) on both ends of the floor in this highly touted game featuring the country’s top programs and Final Four regulars.
Chiney Ogwumike had 18 points and 13 rebounds as Stanford lost at Maples Pavilion for the first time since March 2007.
(3) BAYLOR 106, SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA 41: Jordan Madden scored all 13 of her points in the first half and Baylor took control early in an easy win at Waco, Texas.
The Bears (10-1) have won 46 straight games at home, the longest active streak in women’s college basketball.
(5) NOTRE DAME 74, (11) PURDUE 47: Kayla McBride scored 18 points, Natalie Achonwa had 15 points and 17 rebounds, and Skylar Diggins shook off early foul trouble to finish with 16 points as Notre Dame (10-1) won at South Bend, Ind.
(9) MARYLAND 72, HARTFORD 40: Alyssa Thomas had 22 points and 11 rebounds, helping Maryland (10-2) cruise to a win in the championship game of the Terrapin Classic at College Park, Md.
(18) OKLAHOMA 79, CAL STATE NORTHRIDGE 57: Aaryn Ellenberg scored 24 points, and Portia Durrett had 14 points and 10 rebounds to lead Oklahoma (10-2) at Norman, Okla.
(23) COLORADO 84, NEW MEXICO 39: Lexy Kresl scored 20 points to lead the Buffaloes (11-0) at Boulder, Colo.
Kresl was 5 of 5 from 3-point range, tying a school record for 3-point attempts without a miss.
Arielle Roberson scored 18 points, and Chucky Jeffery had 11 points, eight assists and eight rebounds for Colorado.