CAPE ELIZABETH — The occupants of a home on Fowler Road escaped without injury Sunday night after fire broke out in an area near the fireplace and chimney.

Fire crews from South Portland and Scarborough, along with Cape Elizabeth, responded to the fire at 231 Fowler Road.

Cape Elizabeth Fire Chief Peter Gleeson said the fire damaged the chimney and adjoining walls. Three people were inside when the fire broke out around 6:30 p.m.

The home will need to be repaired before its owner can live there, Gleeson said.