• Renee Charlton joined Patient Advocates as a customer service representative. Charlton, of Gray, has six years of experience working for private medical offices and a national insurance company.
• Pamela Taylor was hired as director of the Bureau of Labor Standards of the Maine Department of Labor. Taylor has several years of experience dealing with labor and human resource issues. She served as the bureau’s deputy director for the past six months. She previously spent 14 years interpreting and enforcing labor laws as a wage and hour technician with the U.S. Department of Labor in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas.
• Marcia Hartt was named director of marketing for United Insurance. Hartt joined United Insurance as part of the Hayden Perry office in Presque Isle in 2003. She also worked as a commercial lines account manager and as a PR media coordinator for the company.
• James Libby, Ph.D., was promoted to academic dean of Thomas College. Libby, of Buxton, was chair of the college’s department of business administration and is a former state senator and state representative serving northern York County.
• Chris Stawasz was promoted to general manager of American Medical Response’s Maine and New Hampshire divisions. Stawasz joined AMR in 2011. He previously served as the executive director for Rockingham Ambulance for 25 years.
• Peter Clavette, senior vice president and managing partner of the United Insurance Ezzy Agency in Madawaska, joined the companies’ ownership team. Clavette, of Madawaska, joined the agency in 2005 as a manager following several years of sales and management experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car in Ontario, Canada.