• Marie Parker joined Garrett Pillsbury in Kennebunk as general manager of its new propane and heating oil division. Parker, of Kennebunk, has 24 years of experience in the heating fuels industry. She was previously general manager of Downeast Energy in Windham.
• Heather Caston-Talbot of Westbrook was hired as an account executive in the business insurance department at Clark Insurance. Caston-Talbot joined the firm in 2004 and serves as president of the Insurance Professionals of Greater Portland. She has more than 13 years of experience in the insurance business.
• Darrel Griffin has joined RE/MAX Realty One in York and Ogunquit.
Griffin has experience in business, technology and horticulture.
• Anthony Ortiz joined St. Germain Collins as an environmental scientist. Ortiz, of Westbrook, is a recent University of Maine graduate in civil and environmental engineering. He will be conducting soil and groundwater sampling; underground storage tank removal inspections; training; and environmental, health and safety compliance services.
• Kim Goren was hired as the new human resources director for Piper Shores. Goren has more than 20 years of human resources experience in the health care industry. She previously worked for Maine Mental Health Business Partners in Westbrook.
• John Colianni, M.D., a sports medicine specialist, joined the staff at Martin’s Point Health Care and will work in its Portland Health Care Center. Colianni will provide sports medicine consultations for current patients and families through referrals from the providers at the Portland Health Care Center and surrounding sites.
• Benjamin Lord was named manager of Albin, Randall & Bennett in Portland and will practice primarily with the firm’s construction group. Lord is a certified public accountant and a certified construction industry financial professional. He previously worked as the controller for a group of affiliated commercial real estate, hotel development and management companies.
• Jennifer Johansson was promoted to senior vice president of regulatory policy and counsel at Putney Inc. Johansson will oversee strategy for Putney’s abbreviated new animal drug applications with the Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Veterinary Medicine and will provide senior level guidance across the company on compliance as a pharmaceutical company. Johansson is also involved in various legislative issues and regulatory policy changes.
• Laudholm Trust, a nonprofit partner within the Wells Reserve at Laudholm, named to its board of trustees Dr. David Johnson of Southern Maine Medical Center, Scott Anderson of Verrill Dana and Mark Mueller, an architect.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
• Consigli Construction Co. Inc. was ranked 81st among the top 400 construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record magazine. Consigli was also ranked 73rd in new contracts and 36th in domestic general building revenue.
• Susan Doughty, a women’s health nurse practitioner and owner of New England Women’s Center in South Portland, was selected by her peers for the Maine Nurse Practitioner Excellence Award for 2013.
• Allan and Jennifer Viernes of the Greater Portland School of Jukado were awarded the 2013 Gorham Business Person of the Year. Allan Viernes was named Instructor of the Year by the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame. Jennifer Viernes was inducted into the World Christian Martial Arts Hall of Fame for outstanding contribution to martial arts.
• Evan Lelansky, an associate broker with Keller Williams Realty, was named Realtor of the Year in Cumberland County. Lelansky has served the Greater Portland area for the past 16 years as a member of the Claire Garvey Real Estate Team.
• Joseph Waltman, former chief architectural designer at Anastos/Nadeau, has re-established his business, Joseph Waltman Design in Yarmouth, specializing in design, consultation and construction management.
• Bisson Moving & Storage, a full-service moving and storage company, selected Broadreach Public Relations as its agency of record.