CONCORD, N.H. — The New Hampshire National Guard says more than 300 members are back to work following a furlough caused by the government shutdown.
Maj. Gen. William Reddel, the guard’s adjutant general, said the decision was based on new guidance from the Pentagon regarding the Pay Our Military Act.
Last week, about 120 guard members came back to work after the shutdown that began Tuesday.
Many of the 309 members recalled to work Monday are technicians who provide services including health care and family support, repair and maintenance, training, supply and human resources.
About 30 guard members, who were on temporary full-time orders, remain furloughed.
The government has been shut down since Tuesday as Congress fails to agree on a spending plan.