Greater Portland Landmarks will offer two tours in November of the newly restored U.S. Custom House.
The Custom House has been closed to the public for security reasons since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Earlier this year the federal government completed a $2 million renovation.
When its doors first opened in 1872, the Custom House became the gateway to one of the nation’s busiest ports and a symbol of the federal government’s role in promoting commerce.
The building, located at 312 Fore St., was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
Tours will take place on at 12:45 p.m. on Nov. 7 and Nov. 14.
To register click here. For more information, call Greater Portland Landmarks at 358-7064.