1. FALMOUTH: The Yachtsmen lost 10 players from last season’s Class A champions but return two strong goaltenders and a stable of capable forwards.
2. GREELY: The Rangers have won the last two Class B titles and will be anchored by a pair of juniors – standout goalie Kyle Kramlich and high-scoring forward Reid Howland.
3. SCARBOROUGH: There is inexperience on the blue line, but the Red Storm return a lot of firepower from a team that was ranked No. 1 heading into last year’s Western Class A playoffs.
4. BIDDEFORD: A young and potentially dangerous team could upset the balance of power in Western Class A.
5. CAMDEN HILLS: Momentum has been building in recent years for the Windjammers, and this could be the year they finally break through.
– Mark Emmert, Staff Writer