• Greg Radziszewski was hired as senior director of information technology at Putney Inc., a rapidly growing pet pharmaceutical company. Radziszewski has over 20 years in delivering and managing strategic IT solutions, including his most recent position as director of technology for Thomson Reuters in Baar, Switzerland.
• Cosmo DiPierro was hired as chief financial officer and Tom Richardson was hired as director of production at DMM, Inc. DiPierro previously worked for Pierce Promotions and Event Management, an agency of Omnicom; and Richardson previously worked for Bradford & Bigelow and Raytheon Aerospace in Portsmouth, N.H.
• William (Jeff) Lewis was promoted to vice president, alternative markets and loss control at Willis of Northern New England in New Gloucester. Lewis previously managed the alternative markets. He has been with the company since 1992.
• Janice Lare, branch operations supervisor at Community Credit Union’s branch in Auburn, joined the board for the Auburn Police Activities League. Lare completed the Advanced Citizens Police Academy in Auburn and the Lewiston Citizens Police Academy over the past couple of years.
• Fisher & Phillips LLP has received a metropolitan first-tier ranking for employment law, labor law and labor and employment litigation practice specialties in the 2014 “Best Law Firms” rankings from U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers.
Nationally, the firm also received a first-tier ranking, and a total of 18 of the firm’s offices received metropolitan first-tier rankings. Fisher & Phillips has been included in all four editions of the prestigious rankings since their inception in 2010.
The 2014 “Best Law Firms” list will be featured in two publications to be distributed later this month.
• Five attorneys from the Portland-based law firm Murray Plumb & Murray were recently included in the 2013 New England Super Lawyers publication.
Thomas Newman, Richard O’Meara, Peter Murray and John Bannon were listed as part of the top 5 percent of outstanding lawyers in New England. Kelly McDonald was selected as a “Rising Star.”
Newman of Portland was selected for Super Lawyers in the field of business litigation.
O’Meara of Cape Elizabeth was chosen for Super Lawyers in the field of education. O’Meara joined Murray Plumb & Murray in 1987.
Murray of Portland was selected for Super Lawyers for his work in estate and probate law. He has practiced law for nearly 50 years.
Bannon of West Cumberland was named a Super Lawyer for his work in land use and zoning litigation. He joined Murray Plumb & Murray as an associate in 1981 and became a director of the firm in 1987.
McDonald joined Murray Plumb & Murray in 2005 and became a partner in 2013. He litigates different types of cases in state and federal court including commercial, real estate, construction disputes, land use and product liability litigation.
• Three attorneys from Murray Plumb & Murray were recently honored for their pro bono legal services in the Katahdin Counsel Recognition Program. Thomas Newman, Richard O’Meara and Kelly McDonald were recognized as Katahdin Counsel for devoting more than 50 hours of pro bono work in the past year.
• Katahdin Trust Co. has expanded services at its Scarborough office, 144 US Route One. It will now offer a full array of deposit accounts to meet the needs of individuals and businesses in the area.