• Sanjay Godara, M.D., joined Mercy Hospital’s pulmonary practice and its critical care team.
Most recently, Godara served as director of critical care at St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center in Lewiston. Previously, he served as a consultant and director of the sleep lab at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Bangor.
• Leah St. Jean was hired as an account manager for Employee Benefits Solutions, a division of Holden Agency.
St. Jean was previously a vice president, senior account executive in the employee benefit division at TD Insurance.
• Loren Rourke, M.D., a surgeon with advanced training in breast cancer surgery, was named director of The Breast Care Center at the Maine Medical Center Cancer Institute. At MMC, she also joins Maine Medical Partners – Surgical Care.
Most recently, Rourke led the breast surgery program at the Woodlands Regional Care Center at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
• Russ Leonard was promoted to president of NL Partners, a Portland-based advertising and marketing agency.
Leonard had worked as chief marketing strategist for the company since 1997 before taking over as president in early December.
Leonard oversees strategic development for all of NL’s clients, which include the Maine Lottery, Vermont Lottery and 15 Subway markets throughout the Northeast.
• Christine Dyer, a veterinary technician at PenBay Veterinary Associates, has passed her licensing exam making her a licensed veterinary technician. She was also named Student of the Year in the veterinary technology program of the University of Maine in Augusta.
Dyer, of Rockport, joined Pen Bay Veterinary Associates as an intern.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• Mark Publicker, M.D., was included in Down East magazine’s “Maine Top Docs Physician Survey” for his work in addiction medicine.
Publicker, of Gorham, is an addiction medicine specialist practicing at the Mercy Hospital Recovery Center in Westbrook, the state’s largest drug and alcohol rehabilitation program. He has lived in Maine for the past 10 years. He previously served as chief of addiction medicine for Kaiser Permanente in the Washington, D.C., area.
He lives in Gorham.
• Five attorneys from Bernstein Shur were selected for the 2013 Katahdin Counsel Recognition Program, which recognizes Maine lawyers who do pro bono work.
The following Bernstein Shur attorneys were honored as Katahdin Counsel:
Eben Albert-Knopp of Portland; Christopher Aslin of Contoocook, N.H.; Brita Forssberg of Falmouth; Jack Montgomery of South Freeport; and N. Joel Moser of Portland.
• Stephen Wade, an attorney for Skelton, Taintor & Abbott, was named to the 2014 Best Lawyers in America list.
Wade’s practice areas include personal injury, product liability and medical malpractice.
FISC Solutions has launched FISCapture Mobile, its newest check deposit service for financial institutions.
FISCapture Mobile allows financial institutions’ customers to securely deposit personal or business checks with a camera-equipped smartphone. The new service integrates into the financial institutions’ existing mobile banking app.