• William Pond, M.D., joined the medical staff at Central Maine Medical Center.
He is practicing with Central Maine Internal Medicine in Lewiston. Most recently, Dr. Pond was a partner at Internal Medicine of Morristown in Morristown, N.J., for more than 20 years.
• Renee Powers, a family nurse practitioner, has joined Central Maine Medical Center’s associate professional staff.
Powers, of Brunswick, is practicing at Lisbon Family Practice in Lisbon. She recently completed an externship training program at Brunswick Family Health in Brunswick. She has worked as a registered nurse for more than 14 years, most recently at Midcoast Hospital in Brunswick.
• Christopher Rugullies was hired as vice president of commercial lending for The Bank of Maine.
Rugullies, of Lisbon, has 12 years of banking and lending experience. Most recently, he served for 10 years as a commercial lender at TD Bank.
• Mike Beardsley joined Varney Agency in Scarborough as a producer and director of strategic partnerships for its recently launched American Loggers Insurance program.
Beardsley previously served as the executive director for the Professional Logging Contractors of Maine.
• Darlene Trew Crist, a science communications professional with more than 20 years of experience in marine-related communications, was named director of communications for the Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences in East Boothbay.
Crist leaves her role as principal of Crist Communications, a firm specializing in science communications. Prior to that, she served as director of news and communications at Brown University.
• Kate Skog joined Crescendo Consulting Group as a communications and research consultant.
She brings strong healthcare expertise, including healthcare improvement initiatives, project management and social media marketing. Most recently, Skog served as program coordinator for the Maine Quality Counts Learning Community.
• Tom Nastro, of Yarmouth, joined the Portland Chapter of SCORE as a Certified SCORE Mentor.
Nastro brings to the volunteer position a broad range of small business experience with a focus on business operations.
• Jonathan Blanchard was recently promoted to vice president at H.E. Callahan Construction Co.
Blanchard, of Lewiston, joined H.E. Callahan in 1994 as a laborer. Most recently, he worked as a project manager.
• Corey Thompson was promoted to assistant vice president, store manager of TD Bank’s location at 34 School St. in Rockland.
Thompson, of Spruce Head, has seven years of retail banking experience. He joined TD Bank in 2012 as assistant store manager in Camden following six years at MBNA.