BANGOR — Liz Wood scored 20 points and added 15 rebounds and eight assists – both career highs – to lead the University of Maine women to an 84-65 win over UMass-Lowell at the Cross Insurance Center on Wednesday night.
Ashleigh Roberts had 14 points and 10 rebounds and Cherrish Wallace scored 15 points for the Black Bears (15-13, 9-6 America East Conference).
Maine had 57 rebounds, its most since recording 63 against Kennesaw State in 2005.
The Black Bears finished the first half on a 14-7 run for a 41-27 advantage, and led by as many as 25 in the second half.
Shannon Samuels scored 31 points for the River Hawks (5-22, 4-12).
(11) WEST VIRGINIA 69, TEXAS TECH 37: Bria Holmes scored 28 points and host West Virginia (25-3, 14-2 Big 12) cruised past Texas Tech (6-21, 0-16).
IOWA STATE 86, (15) OKLAHOMA STATE 69: Jadda Buckley scored 26 points and Nikki Moody finished one point from a triple-double as the Cyclones (19-8, 8-8 Big 12) rolled to a win at Oklahoma State (21-6, 10-6).
Moody had nine points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. Hallie Christofferson and Brynn Williamson added 17 points apiece.
(23) MIDDLE TENNESSEE 70, EAST CAROLINA 59: Ebony Rowe scored 23 points to lead Middle Tennessee (24-4, 13-1 Conference USA) at East Carolina (21-6, 9-5).
(16) MICHIGAN 77, PURDUE 76: Glenn Robinson III got a late bank shot to roll in as time expired in overtime, lifting Michigan (20-7, 12-3 Big Ten) to a win at Purdue (15-13, 5-10).
The shot capped a remarkable rally. Michigan trailed by as many as 19 points in the first half, 13 at halftime and never led until the opening basket of overtime.
Robinson finished with 17 points. Nik Stauskas had 15.
Terone Johnson had a season-high 22 points for Purdue and his brother Ronnie added 21. The Boilermakers have lost three straight.
(3) ARIZONA 87, CALIFORNIA 59: Nick Johnson scored 22 points, Kaleb Tarczewski added 16 and the Wildcats (26-2, 13-2 Pac-12) quickly turned their rematch with the Bears (18-10, 9-6) into a rout at Tucson, Ariz.
Cal won the first meeting 60-58 on a last-second jumper by Justin Cobbs that sent the students pouring onto the court.
Arizona ran away from the Bears early in the rematch, using a big first-half run and good shooting (50 percent) all game to prevent the season sweep.
(8) VILLANOVA 67, BUTLER 48: Darrun Hilliard and James Bell scored 11 points each to lead Villanova (25-3, 13-2 Big East) past visiting Butler (12-16, 2-14).
The Wildcats survived one of their worst 20 minutes of the season to win for the ninth time in 10 games.
(12) VIRGINIA 65, MIAMI 40: London Perrantes scored a career-high 15 points as host Virginia (24-5, 15-1 ACC) opened the second half with a 16-5 run to pull away from Miami (14-14, 5-10) for its 12th consecutive win.
Perrantes hit all four of his 3-point attempts and Malcolm Brogdon also scored 15 points for the Cavaliers.
(15) IOWA 83, WEST VIRGINIA 66: Georges Niang scored 24 points, DeAndre Kane had 17 points and 11 rebounds and the host Cyclones (22-5, 10-5 Big 12) beat West Virginia (15-13, 7-8) for their seventh win in eight games.
Naz Long added 15 points on five 3-pointers for Iowa.
(19) NORTH CAROLINA 85, NORTH CAROLINA STATE 84: Marcus Paige hit a driving basket with 0.9 seconds left to cap a career night and help the Tar Heels (21-7, 11-4 ACC) beat the Wolfpack (17-11, 7-8) in overtime at Raleigh, N.C.
Paige finished with 35 points – 31 after halftime – and seven 3-pointers for North Carolina, which won its 10th straight. UNC needed every bit of that production to outlast the Wolfpack (17-11, 7-8) and league-leading scorer T.J. Warren, who had a career-high 36 points in a losing effort.
(24) TEXAS 74, BAYLOR 69: Cameron Ridley had 20 points and 10 rebounds and made a big block in the final minute as the Longhorns (21-7, 10-5 Big 12) held on to beat Baylor (18-10, 6-9) at Austin, Texas.