1. CHEVERUS: After finally breaking through for a Class A title, the high-powered Stags look to repeat.
2. KENNEBUNK: Back in ultracompetitive Western Class B, the Rams will look to their balance and experience to break through.
3. MASSABESIC: So close a year ago, the Mustangs will be driven to forge their way to the top of Class A.
4. WAYNFLETE: The defending Class B state champs have much to replace but still have a trio of standout seniors to patrol the midfield.
5. YARMOUTH: Inexperienced? Maybe. But the Clippers have never lacked talent and are always eager for a challenge.
– Mark Emmert