• Sebago Technics has expanded its workforce with seven new hires.
Keith Gray and Paul Ostrowski joined the firm as project engineers. Gray has 10 years of consulting experience in residential, commercial and municipal development and infrastructure projects throughout southern Maine. Ostrowski has 13 years of engineering consulting experience including site development, infrastructure engineering and construction inspection.
Cassandra Quintal was hired as a digital mapping technician/surveyor to provide support to the company’s survey and GIS operations. Quintal has experience in title research, GIS software development and application, and has presented at several GIS technology and user group conferences.
Samantha Perro joins Sebago as a computer-aided design technician. She has prior experience in road construction and environmental consulting services.
Jordan McAdams joined the firm’s survey staff as a survey technician. He has previous experience in construction and with the Maine Department of Transportation.
Aaron Hunter and Dylan Stuart were hired as a civil engineers. Hunter has previous experience as a water resources-hydrology intern with the Maine Department of Transportation. Stuart previously worked as a field engineer for Reed and Reed Construction.
• Bob Dunfey recently joined Wayfinder Schools as chief operating officer.
Most recently, Dunfey served as executive director of ITN Portland. Prior to that, he owned and operated hotels, real estate development projects and a property management company.
• Harriman, a full-service architecture and engineering firm, has hired Matt Strong, Zachariah Pacheco, Michael Waterhouse and Samantha Levesque.
Strong joins Harriman as a designer in the mechanical engineering department. He recently received a degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Maine at Orono.
Pacheco joined Harriman as a designer in the structural engineering department. He recently received a degree in civil engineering for structural design from the University of Maine at Orono.
Waterhouse joined the team as an architectural designer in their retail design studio. He has more than 10 years of drafting experience and has worked on a variety of retail facilities.
Levesque was also hired as an architectural designer in their retail design studio. She was previously an architectural drafter at Hannaford Bros. Co. in Scarborough.
• Rena Armstrong was hired as a project control specialist for Stantec, a design firm in Scarborough.
Armstrong has more than 13 years of experience in this line of work with expertise in project planning, scheduling, earned value analysis, project forecasting, data analysis and resource and chain management.
Stantec’s Scarborough office employs more than 140 engineers, environmental scientists and other design professionals.
• Anderson-Watkins Insurance in Westbrook has hired Luke Jackson as an account representative. He previously worked in the same capacity at Allstate Insurance in Windham.
Terri St. Angelo also joined the firm as marketing communications manager. She was previously the owner of Strategic Designs Inc., a graphic design/advertising company.
• James Croft joined Chalmers Insurance Group as an account executive in its benefits division.
Most recently, Croft was vice president of sales at Living Wealth Partners. Prior to that, he held sales management positions at John Hancock and Prudential.
He lives in Cape Elizabeth.
• Stuart Thompson joined Patrons Oxford Insurance Company in Auburn as a personal lines assistant underwriter.
Thompson previously worked for a southern Maine insurance agency, where he worked in personal and commercial lines sales.
• Amanda Corson joined L.S. Robinson Co. Insurance of Southwest Harbor as a personal insurance account executive.
Corson, of Trenton, brings 17 years of insurance experience to the firm.
• Russell Bragg was promoted to northern regional manager of construction services for S. W. Cole Engineering Inc.
Bragg has more than 30 years of experience in construction materials testing. He is based in the firm’s Bangor office.
• Julie Elwell was promoted to account executive at Clark Insurance Employee Benefits Group.
Elwell, of Buxton, has more than 20 years of experience working in the insurance industry. Previously, she served as a senior account manager at the agency.
• Cross Insurance, a subsidiary of Cross Financial Corp., recently promoted longtime employee Laurie Noel to vice president of personal lines for Cross Financial Corp.
Noel, of Windham, also serves as regional manager for eight Cross Insurance locations throughout Maine and Massachusetts, including the agency’s branch in Windham, where she is a manager. She joined Cross Insurance in 2000 as manager of the agency’s Freeport branch. In 2003, she was instrumental in relocating the company’s Gray office to Windham.
• Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Maine has promoted Bill Whitmore to regional vice president of sales.
Prior to his promotion, Whitmore led the underwriting team for the past five years and was responsible for the risk management of all large group health business in Maine. He joined Anthem in 1989 and was promoted to a series of leadership roles after starting as an actuary working on group pricing.
• Carol Emerson joined the board of directors of Wayfinder Schools as treasurer.
Emerson has more than 25 years experience as director of finance, human resources and operations for small businesses. In 2011, she started her own company, Custom House Business Services, to work with small business owners in the areas of accounting, employee engagement, business operations and coaching.
• Cross Insurance announced the acquisition of Merchant, Needham & Associates Insurance, an independent insurance agency based in Northeast Harbor.
The deal marks the fifth acquisition this year for Cross Insurance. Its recent acquisitions include Troy, Pires & Allen Insurance, of East Providence, Rhode Island, The Driscoll Agency, of Norwell, Massachusetts, The Insurance Exchange, of Stamford, Connecticut, and Willis of Northern New England.
Merchant, Needham & Associates will operate as a member of Cross Insurance, but will retain both its name and workforce.
• MassMutual Northern New England has opened an office at 2331 Congress St. in Portland.
The agency is located within the Cross Insurance building on outer Congress Street, Route 22.