Scarborough were able to quickly extinguish an electrical fire Thursday morning at Marden’s Surplus & Salvage on Payne Road.

Deputy Fire Chief Glen Deering said the fire began in a rooftop air conditioning and heating unit after snow got into the intake and caused the unit to heat up.

“The crews quickly got up on top of the building and were able to put out the fire,” Deering said.

The fire was contained to the unit and the area immediately around it. Deering said there was some water damage at the front of the store that was easily cleaned up.

The store will be closed the remainder of the day.