A fire in a rooftop-mounted heating unit caused about $15,000 worth of damage Friday at the Thos. Moser Cabinetmakers shop at Wright’s Landing in Auburn.

Fire officials said the fire destroyed the heating unit and spread to a small section of the roof where it was mounted. There was also minor smoke and water damage inside the building, Auburn fire officials said, but not enough to shut down work at the woodshop.

The fire was reported shortly after 3 p.m., and firefighters left the scene about 4:30 p.m.

There were no injuries.