AUGUSTA — An Augusta man was charged with terrorizing last week in connection with a series of bomb threats made through a Twitter account in June. The threats stated there were bombs inside Wal-Mart and at state-owned properties, including the Blaine House.

Troy Macdonald, 37, was charged with terrorizing Thursday.

On June 17 Augusta Police responded to a bomb threat communicated through a Twitter account which stated there was a bomb inside Wal-Mart. The next day, police again responded to Wal-Mart in Augusta for another bomb threat posted on Twitter which also included other store locations outside of Augusta. On June 20, Augusta and Capitol Police responded to a similar bomb threat made against Wal-Mart, Augusta State Airport, and the Blaine House, according to Augusta Deputy Chief Jared Mills. A Maine State Police bomb detection dog was used to confirm there were no bombs in the area.

Macdonald was summoned Thursday by Augusta Detective-Sgt. Jason Cote in connection with the bomb threat incidents.

Mills said Monday digital evidence aided the city’s investigators in identifying Macdonald as the suspect. He said Macdonald then cooperated with police.

Further details were not available Monday evening.