CONCORD, New Hampshire – Attorneys for fishermen who oppose a new cost imposed by regulators say they will continue with a federal lawsuit despite a recent concession by the federal government.

The lawsuit concerns the cost of at-sea fishing monitors, who are workers hired to collect data that inform catch quotas. The government shifted the cost of paying for monitors from itself to fishermen earlier this year.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said recently that fishing trips on or after July 1 may be eligible for reimbursement of monitoring costs.

But the fishermen and lawyers behind the lawsuit filed a response in federal court that says the industry is still harmed by the cost shift.

The response also says reimbursement will still leave the industry on the hook for some monitor costs.