WASHINGTON — The Baltimore Orioles put pitcher Chris Tillman on the 15-day disabled list, as expected.

Tillman has been bothered by bursitis in his right shoulder. The Orioles made the move Wednesday and recalled right-hander Mike Wright.

Tillman is on the DL retroactive to Aug. 21. He is 15-5 with a 3.76 ERA this season.

METS: Yoenis Cespedes said he has no plans to exercise an opt-out clause in his contract with the New York Mets.

The outfielder from Cuba is in the first year of a three-year, $75 million deal that has an escape clause after the first season.

He said through an interpreter before Wednesday’s game against the St. Louis Cardinals that he intended to honor the deal.

“I’ve said it before, my intentions of course are to be here for three years, and if I could spend the rest of my career with the Mets, I would,” Cespedes said.

Pitcher Jonathan Niese went on the 15-day disabled list and will have knee surgery.

The Mets announced Wednesday that Niese will have arthroscopic surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery on Thursday to repair a torn meniscus.

He got only one out in his start Tuesday night at St. Louis before being forced to leave the game.

Right-hander Erik Goeddel was recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas.

Niese is 8-7 with a 5.50 ERA in 29 games, 20 of them starts. He began the season with Pittsburgh and rejoined the Mets earlier this month in a deal at the trade deadline.

DIAMONDBACKS: Arizona gave team president and chief executive officer Derrick Hall an eight-year contract extension.

Hall said there have been discussions about the extension for several months. He said he is “thrilled” to have it completed because, as he put it, “this is home” and there’s nowhere else he’d rather be.

Hall joined the Diamondbacks in 2005 as senior vice president for communications and was named president a year later. The title of CEO was added in 2009.

WHITE SOX: The ballpark currently called U.S. Cellular Field will become known as Guaranteed Rate Field starting in November. The team and the mortgage company announced a 13-year naming rights deal on Wednesday.

The White Sox are below .500 this season and haven’t made the playoffs since 2008.

The agreement was approved by the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority, which owns the ballpark.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The White Sox hold a one-year option that could extend the deal through 2030.

The ballpark has been known as U.S. Cellular Field since 2003 after being called new Comiskey Park from 1991 to 2002.