SANTA CATERINA VALFURVA, Italy — Bode Miller is still planning on racing again. Just probably not this season.

The U.S. ski team coach, Sasha Rearick, said Miller told him he no longer plans on traveling to Europe for training in January.

“He sent me a text. He said, ‘Count me in coach in the future. I’m coming back. Just things are not looking good for me to travel this January,’ ” Rearick said Thursday at a World Cup combined race.

Earlier this month, a lawsuit Miller had filed against his former sponsor and ski manufacturer Head was dismissed.

Miller ended his nearly 10-year partnership with Head in 2015 and signed an agreement not to use other skis in World Cup or world championship races for two years.

Miller was attempting to get out of the remainder of the deal so that he could race on skis by New York-based Bomber, which he helped develop.

But Miller would be free to race on Bomber next season and at the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics, when he’ll be 40.

If that’s the plan, Rearick wants Miller to start training immediately, even if he can’t race due to the contract issues.

“I hope he comes back and I hope we get a full prep period in. That’s what is going to be key,” Rearick said.

“If we decide to do this, let’s go full at it. Let’s not just do one camp here and Colorado. Let’s go at it full and let’s start now. Those are going to be my conversations that I have with him next week.”