Saturday, December 7, 2013
Happy Friday (September 14, just so we're clear) Good People! Here are your marching orders:
1. Grab a second cup of coffee and charge through the workday
2. Head home, nap, have dinner, shower and put on your funkiest threads
3. Load the car up with your funnest gaggle of giggly pals
4. Head to Brian Boru (57 Center St., Portland) at 9:30 p.m. (just be of the 21+ persuasion)
5. Have an absoloute blast shaking your booty, tail feathers and whatever the heck else you want to shake to the electronic Boston dance band LOVEWHIP lovewhip.net that's to quote myself from an article from a couple of years ago "more fun than a box of Cyndi Laupers!".
We all just want to have fun. LOVEWHIP can help! youtube.com/watch
Aimsel Ponti has been obsessed with - and inspired by- music since she listened to Monkees records borrowed from the town library when she was six years old. She's a huge fan of the local music scene and interviews an act every week for "Making Noise" which runs in the Press Herald GO section. You'll also find her out and about absorbing live music like a sponge and roaming around local record shops and flea markets.