Wednesday, June 19, 2013
As of this exact moment there are still a few tickets left to the Sunday night (Jan 20) Paula Cole show at the Stone Mountain Arts Center in Brownfield. stonemountainartscenter.com
Here are 8 moments in time from the past twenty years that illustrate why I've always been and will always be a huge fan. Don't expect "Where Have All The Cowboys Gone" and "I Don't Want to Wait" to be among these moments. Both are terrific songs, but there's so much more to Cole than those two hits.
I can't wait to see her in my favorite music venue in Maine.
And now...on with the list.
1. "Don't Give Up" with Peter Gabriel during his '93-'94 "Secret World Live" tour.
2. Again, Peter and Paul from the "Secret World Live" tour performing "Come Talk To Me"
3. Paula singing "I'm So Ordinary" in 1994 on Conan O'Brien. The song is from her debut album "Harbinger"
4. "Pearl" from her 1999 album "Amen." One of my absolute favorite Cole songs.
5. "Feelin' Love" from the 1996 breakthrough album "This Fire"
6. "Carmen" also from "This Fire"
7. "Music in Me" from the 2010 album "Ithaca"
8. "Elsewhere" with Sarah McLachlan from Sarah's legendary "Fumbling Towards Ecstacy" album.
Aimsel Ponti has been obsessed with - and inspired by- music since she listened to Monkees records borrowed from the town library when she was six years old. She's a huge fan of the local music scene and interviews an act every week for "Making Noise" which runs in the Press Herald GO section. You'll also find her out and about absorbing live music like a sponge and roaming around local record shops and flea markets.