Monday, March 10, 2014
Fan of Top Chef? Boy, are you in luck.
Several of the celebrity chefs who have appeared on the popular Bravo TV series are coming to Maine this spring to cook with Grand Relais & Chateaux chef Jonathan Cartwright at The White Barn Inn in Kennebunk. And you get to join them in the kitchen.
The chef appearances are part of the inn’s 7th Annual Guest Chef Series. The inn has a special package (details below) for guests who want to stay overnight while enjoying the experience of rubbing elbows with Top Chef contestants. But locals who don’t need accommodations can participate as well. The inn is offering a two-hour slice of the package for $65 that includes champagne, a hands-on cooking demo with Cartwright and the guest chef, and tastes of all the dishes they prepare.
Here are the chefs that will be participating:
April 12-14: Dale Talde (pictured at left), executive chef of Talde in Park Slope Brooklyn, N.Y., who appeared on Top Chef Season 4 and on Top Chef All-Stars.
April 26-28: Manuel Trevino (right), executive chef at Marble Lane, Dream Hotel, New York City, who appeared on Top Chef Season 4.
If you want to splurge and stay overnight, the inn is offering a special two-night deluxe package for $1,282. The Guest Chef Series Package includes:
– Two nights deluxe accommodation
– Daily extended continental breakfast
– Sumptuous afternoon teas with finger sandwiches, pastries and scones
– Welcome cocktail reception with Cartwright and guest chef
– Cooking demonstration on Saturday morning at Keys to the Kitchen’s private beach house
– Optional hands-on class on Saturday afternoon
– Nine-course tasting menu for two at The White Barn Inn Restaurant on Saturday evening
– A signed cookbook
– Special White Barn Inn apron
Meredith Goad has harvested oysters on the Chesapeake Bay, eaten reindeer in Finland and sipped hot chai in the Himalayas. She writes the weekly Soup to Nuts column and enjoys a good cocktail.