Saturday, March 8, 2014
The woodfired oven at Jillyanna's Cooking School (Courtesy photo)
Jillyanna's Woodfired Cooking School in Cape Porpoise will celebrate the life of renowned Italian cooking teacher and cookbook author Marcella Hazan (who died last month) on Saturday, Oct. 26, from 4:30-8 p.m. with a special non-pizza class and menu. Jill Strauss, owner of Jillyanna's, studied with Hazan's son at a cooking school in Verona, Italy, where she learned to make pasta by hand.
Some of the class will be demonstration and some will be hands-on. The cost is $155 and participants are invited to BYOB. The menu includes:
- Grilled Littleneck Clams on the Half Shell
- Homemade Fettuccine with Alfredo Sauce
- Veal Scaloppine with Lemon
- Mushroom Salad with Parmesan Cheese, Crispy Pancetta and White Truffle Vinaigrette
- Braised Pears with Bay Leaves and Amarone Wine
The cooking school is at 141 Wildes District Rd., Kennebunkport. Register for the class here.Tweet
Meredith Goad has harvested oysters on the Chesapeake Bay, eaten reindeer in Finland and sipped hot chai in the Himalayas. She writes the weekly Soup to Nuts column and enjoys a good cocktail.