Thursday February 21, 2013 | 09:15 AM
Sometimes you just have one of those days. I had one yesterday, so I wasn't feeling very "social." How I was feeling yesterday made me think of a post I wrote a while back for my friends at The Good Men Project
. So, that's what I'll share with you today.
Thankfully, I resisted enormous brownies yesterday, although the feelings were similar. I think many of us have them sometimes and they get to act themselves out in all sorts of interesting ways.
Today is a new day, and I'm not craving brownies or morphine, so you can look forward to a great interview post tomorrow with Allie Munier, aka @broke207. Stay tuned.
Rob Gould orders two brownies. Hilarity ensues.
Whole Foods Bakery Associate (WFBA): Can I help you?
Me: I’d like two of those huge brownies on the top shelf please.
WFBA: Would you like them in a bag or a box?
Me: You can put them in my hand.
WFBA: Both of them?
Me: Yes, both of them. Please just hand them to me.
WFBA: Do you want a napkin or anything? (Passing me the two brownies.)
ME: No, thank you. I’m all set.
WFBA: Please bring this label to the cashier. (Passing me the barcode/pricing label.)
Me: Thank you. Do you realize you’re staring at me with your mouth open?
WFBA: Sorry, will there be anything else?
Me: Got any morphine back there?
About this Blog
Subscribe to the
Social Social RSS feed
Social media has changed the way that many of us learn, purchase, interact and explore the world around us. And, things are just getting started. Social, Social is a place to discuss social media with people from all walks of life. No experts allowed.
About the Author
Rob works as a digital marketing & public relations consultant to agencies, brands, and individuals. He has 20 years of marketing experience. He also currently serves in a volunteer capacity as director of pr/communications for TEDxDirigo. From 2005-2011, Rob served as director of social media & agency communications at The VIA Agency (Portland). Prior to VIA, Rob worked with several PR & advertising agencies in London & Boston. He is a graduate of The University of Vermont (UVM) and a Maine transplant (2002).
Follow Rob on Twitter at @bobbbyg
His real-life interests include art, travel, writing, design, psychology, the beach, & exercise (grudgingly at times).
- Tweets of the Week | Politics, politics, politics | If you don't laugh, you'll cry
- April #metweetup! | April 25, 2013 | Little Tap House, Portland, Maine
- Josh Christie, freelance writer, author, and indie bookseller
- Annie Heckenberger, VP community trailblazer, Red Tettemer + Partners, Philadelphia
- Tweets of the Week | Funny people | I think we can all use a laugh
- Social Media in the News - or - It's Sunday and I can't be bothered to think too hard
- Liar, Liar ... | Dishonesty and Social Media | Pencourage.com
- Social Media: Just the Facts | Everything you've always wanted to know about Mark Zuckerberg but were afraid to ask
- Boston. Yesterday and Today.
- Tweets of the Week | It's the local Twitter Patriots edition!
- J. Levi Knapp, finance director, Maine House Democratic Campaign Committee (HDCC)
- Social Media in the News - or - I'm overtired and lazy
- Tweets of the Week | April 2-9 | The dating and romance edition!
- Joshua Yurges, artist & student, Maine College of Art (MECA)
- Social Media: Just the Facts | An Overview | It won't be boring. I promise.
- Tweets of the Week | March 25 - 31 | It's the Passover & Easter Edition!
- Shannon Kinney, Founder and Client Success Officer, Dream Local Digital
- Alex Steed, principal, Knack Factory
- Tweets of the Week | March 17 - 24
- He loves me. He loves me not. Killswitch.
- Tweets of the Week - send yours my way!
- Andrew Taylor, Mike Wiley & Arlin Smith, Eventide Oyster Co.
- shhhhhhhhh ... Facebook Can't Keep a Secret.*
- Ian Grady, director of communications, EqualityMaine (EQME)
- Chris Avantaggio, associate creative director, The VIA Agency
- Sex and Love and Social Media
- Kelsey Goldsmith, media relations manager, Broadreach Public Relations
- Amanda O'Brien, vice president of marketing, Hall Internet Marketing
- Jay Sacher, writer and illustrator
- Social Social Goes to the Oscars
- Allie Munier, blogger, www.mainetoday.com, Broke 207
- Not Feeling Social - or - Chocolate Makes Everything Better
- Sean Wilkinson, principal, Might & Main, co-president, AIGA, Maine
- Google+ Whether You Like It Or Not
- Rachel Flehinger, The Morning Crew, WPOR 101.9
- Even Winslow Homer has a Hashtag. Who Knew?
- Adam Burk Founder, CEO, Treehouse Institute and Curator, TEDxDirigo
- No Experts. No Gurus.
we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion.
To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our
Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can.
to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include: