Wednesday, April 16, 2014
• Strongheart Loney joined the advertising team at the Coastal Journal.
Loney was hired as an inside sales representative to develop advertising sales for the Brunswick/Bath and coastal Maine areas. He previously worked as an advertising sales representative at the Bollard magazine in Portland. For the past five years, he also owned his own freelance design company, Ascent Artistic Designs.
• Brandon Rieff joined Fluid Imaging Technologies as an aquatic market sales manager and applications engineer.
Rieff will be responsible for driving sales of the FlowCAM imaging particle analysis system and expanding the aquatic market reach for water quality analysis and marine and freshwater research applications. He has more than 10 years of experience in the research instrumentation industry. Most recently, he worked for Nortek in Boston.
• Nicole Fortier, who works for the New England office of Burns & McDonnell, was promoted to project controls specialist in the Portland office.
Fortier, of Portland, joined the firm in 2012 and will be working on the Maine Power Reliability Program, the largest construction project in Maine’s history.
• Jonica Poole of Sabattus was promoted to manager of finance and administration for H.E. Callahan Construction Co.
Poole has 28 years of experience in insurance and bookkeeping and is a graduate of Mid-State College in Auburn.
• GrowSmart Maine welcomed five new board members and appointed a new vice chair at its January board meeting.
David Webster, president of Portland’s PDT Architects, who joined GrowSmart Maine’s board of directors in 2013, was elected as vice chair.
New to the board is Carl Eppich, of the Greater Portland Council of Governments; Jennifer Burns Gray, of Maine Audubon; Auburn Mayor Jonathan LaBonte, of the Androscoggin Land Trust; Doug Sanford, of Eastland Development; and Ed Suslovic, a Portland city councilor.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• Peter Rubin, a shareholder at Bernstein Shur, was ranked in 2013 New England Super Lawyers as one of New England’s “Top 100” lawyers.
Rubin is the senior member of the firm’s litigation group in Portland. His practice concentrates on complex cases involving product liability, business litigation, malpractice and personal injury claims. He has been involved in the defense of asbestos claims at the national level for more than 34 years, representing defendants throughout New England and the United States and serving on committees devoted to the study of asbestos litigation.