Sunday, May 19, 2013
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ITEM
ON THE MOVE runs Tuesdays and Sundays. Submit items of interest regarding new employees, promotions and professional honors to: Business Editor, The Portland Press Herald, P.O. Box 1460, Portland 04104, or email to business@ pressherald.com.PICTURES MUST
be submitted using the JPEG format and sent as attachments.
• April Rossignol was hired as executive housekeeper at The Embassy Suites in Portland. Rossignol has 17 years of experience in the industry. She previously served as housekeeping manager at The White Barn Inn, where she started working in 2006.
• Keriann Roman and Reade Wilson were hired at Drummond Woodsum in Portland.
Roman joined the trial services group, practicing in the areas of civil litigation and appellate matters. Roman was previously with Donahue, Tucker & Ciandella PLLC.
Wilson joined the business services, public sector and trial services practice groups. Wilson completed a joint degree program between Vermont Law School and the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. She has the honor of achieving the highest combined score on the Maine Bar Exam in 2012.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• Timothy E. Zerillo, founder of Zerillo Law, LLC, in Portland, was recognized by the Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers with its President's Award. Zerillo founded the firm in 2001. His practice includes plaintiff's personal injury, criminal defense, commercial and business litigation, and family law and divorce. For the past three years, Zerillo has been chosen for inclusion in New England Super Lawyers.
• Bernstein Shur, one of New England's largest multi-service law firms, was named Service Provider of the Year by the Maine International Trade Center. In 2011, Bernstein Shur's lawyers were involved in transactions touching more than 30 countries on every continent except Antarctica.
• Katahdin Bankshares Corp., parent company of Katahdin Trust Company, was recognized by American Banker Magazine as a Top 200 Community Bank in the United States.
The announcement marks the sixth consecutive year Katahdin Trust Company has been accorded the honor. The rating was based on the bank's three-year average return on equity. The ratio is utilized in the banking industry to measure a bank's ability to create profits based on its equity.
• Michael Jones, M.D., was elected a trustee of the American Board of Pathology. Jones is assistant director of the Spectrum pathology division and chief of pathology at Maine Medical Center. He is board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology. He sub-specializes in gynecologic, breast and genitourinary pathology.
• Kemp Goldberg Partners, a nationally recognized advertising, public relations and interactive agency, recently announced it was selected by RCS Logistics as its agency of record. The initial engagement will involve interactive design support and marketing materials development.
click image to enlarge