Friday, May 24, 2013
• Michelle St. Hilaire was promoted to bookkeeping assistant and collections clerk at Community Credit Union.
St. Hilaire, of Lewiston, started at the credit union in January as a member representative.
• Sung Ju Park was promoted to an investment officer at CEI Capital Management LLC.
Park, of South Portland, was previously a transaction analyst. He has been with the firm since June 2011.
• Simon McGurk was promoted to senior director of product development at Putney Inc.
McGurk is responsible for scientific review of new products and the execution of external manufacturing partnerships.
• Eduardo Daranyi was promoted to senior manager of BerryDunn's Government Consulting Group.
Daranyi has more than 15 years of experience managing and providing quality assurance oversight of large-scale technology initiatives.
• William Richardson and Ryan Wrisley were promoted to manager of its government consulting group.
Richardson has more than 11 years of experience serving state Medicaid and health and human services agencies. He is a certified project management professional.
Wrisley is also a project management professional.
• R.J. McComish, assistant manager, of PortTIX, the box office at Merrill Auditorium, has taken on an additional role as group sales manager.
McComish has experience working with the group sales manager at the Portland Symphony.
• James Erwin, a partner at Pierce Atwood, was appointment to the board of trustees of the University of Maine System. He was nominated by Gov. Paul LePage and confirmed on Sept. 6 by the Maine Senate.
Erwin leads Pierce Atwood's Employment Group.
• Daryl Fort and Heather Sullivan were appointed to the board of directors for the Institute for Civic Leadership.
Fort, of Portland, is a community development consultant, and a gender violence prevention activist and educator.
Sullivan is a senior coordinator of recruit events for the Council on International Educational Exchange in Portland, where she has worked for over six years.
The board also elected the following officers and members:
Pete Thaxter, of Curtis Thaxter, was named chair. Jamie Morin, of Wright Express, former chair; Pat Palmer, a community volunteer, vice chair; Paul Delva of Fairchild Semiconductor, secretary; and Michael Stillings, of Baker Newman Noyes, was named treasurer.
Other people elected to the board include: Richard Abbondanza, of Hopkinson & Abbondanza; Edgar Anderson, a human resources consultant; Edmund Claxton, of Central Maine Medical Center; Andrew Colvin, of the office of Chellie Pingree; Stephen Eddy, of Investment Management & Consulting; Thomas Francoeur, of Woodard & Curran; Michael Gendreau, of Mercy Health System of Maine; Larry Henry, of Martin's Point Health Care; Marie McCarthy, of L.L. Bean; Barbara Nash, of Unum; Glenn Rudberg, of Ethos Marketing and Design; Linda Mae Ruterbories, of OA-Centers for Orthopaedics; Dominic Suru, of 211 Maine; and Kari Sides Suva, of Konbit Sante.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• Rebecca Peters, of LongHorn Steakhouse in South Portland, was named Team Member of the Year.
This award recognizes local team members nationwide that demonstrate outstanding results.
Peters has been with LongHorn for eight years.
• Six lawyers from Verrill Dana were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2013.
The attorneys recognized are: Christopher J.W. Coggeshall, Gregory S. Fryer, Mark K. Googins, William C. Knowles, Suzanne E. Meeker and Michael V. Saxl.
• Ten attorneys from Pierce Atwood earned the "Lawyer of the Year" status in 10 different practice areas by Best Lawyers in America 2013.
The attorneys who earned the status are: Philip F. W. Ahrens III, Bruce A. Coggeshall, Peter W. Culley, William J. Kayatta Jr., Ralph I. Lancaster Jr., Margaret Coughlin LePage, Jotham D. Pierce Jr., Gloria A. Pinza, Robert H. Stier Jr. and Barbara K. Wheaton.
• Three attorneys from the Topsham-based law firm, McTeague Higbee, were recently selected for the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. The lawyers named to the list are: Jeffrey Neil Young, Karen Bilodeau and G. William Higbee.
• Wright-Pierce was named again as one of the "Top 200 Environmental Firms" in the country by Engineering News-Record, a trade publication for the architecture, engineering and construction industry. The firm was also selected earlier this year as one of the "Top 500 Design Firms" in the country.
• The team at Opus Consulting Group has moved its offices to 130 Middle St., 2nd floor in Portland. The newly remodeled space features an open and modern design.
• Mallory Follett, of Allen Insurance and Financial, has obtained her license to sell property and casualty insurance in the state of Maine. She studied for the exam through Allen's in-house program.
Follett joined the company in 2011 as a scanning technician and has since been named commercial insurance processor.