Friday, March 7, 2014
• Wendi Sickinger was hired as the food and beverage manager at The Purpoodock Club. Sickinger was formerly employed at the Black Point Inn.
• Paul Adams was hired as director of quality assurance at Putney Inc. Adams was previously with Genzyme Corporation, where he served for 12 years as director of quality assurance.
• Melissa Sawyer was hired as marketing manager at Perry, Fitts, Boulette and Fitton. Sawyer is a graduate of the University of Maine at Farmington and has experience as a sales and marketing representative.
• Rob Schreiber joined AAA of Northern New England as a life insurance and annuity specialist. Schreiber has 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. He is chair of the South Portland Planning Board.
• Regan Sweeney is now of counsel in the Law Offices of Joanne E. Mattiace. Sweeney was formerly a trial attorney with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
• Lara Lermond, Lori Cunningham, Chris Friel and Eric Fernald joined Winxnet, a Portland-based IT solutions provider.
Lermond was hired as a SharePoint knowledge operations specialist. She was previously the Web marketing coordinator for Acadia Insurance.
Cunningham was hired as an inside sales representative at Winxnet. Most recently, she worked as a personal banker for Gorham Savings Bank.
Friel was hired as the senior engineer for the Southern New England Office. He was recently president and chief executive officer of VoDaVi Technologies.
Fernald joined as a network engineer. He has more than six years of professional IT experience. Most recently, he worked for SystemArchitecture.net.
• Rory O'Brion was hired at BerryDunn as a senior accountant. O'Brion has degrees in accounting and finance from the University of Southern Maine and was previously employed by a local CPA firm.
• Zachary Hobbs was hired as inbound sales manager for Dr. Newton's Naturals. He spent the past 10 years in auto sales.
• Teri Coviello was named operations manager at Portland Financial Planning Group. Coviello had worked in administrative positions at several local educational institutions. She recently worked at the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) as manager of faculty and custom programs.
• Timothy Kenlan joined the law firm Berman & Simmons. Kenlan was a student attorney at the Cumberland Legal Aid Clinic during law school.
• J. Casey McCormack joined the law firm of Jensen Baird Gardner & Henry as an associate. McCormack, of Portland, is a member of the firm's real estate and business services practice groups. Before joining the firm, Casey worked at Massey Knakal Realty Services in New York.
• Hannah Taylor, Alli Chamberlain, Georgia Gibbons and Matt Geoffroy joined Strategic Media Inc. in Portland.
Taylor was hired as a national media buyer. She was previously the experiential marketing coordinator at Zoom Media & Marketing in New York, N.Y.
Chamberlain was hired as a media assistant and analyst. She most recently worked for Chamberlain Homes as a special projects planner. She was also a marketing and design assistant for Scarborough's Economic Development Corporation.
Gibbons was recently hired as a copywriter. Gibbons has previous experience as a senior copywriter and more than five years' experience in marketing and advertising.
Geoffroy was named a marketing manager. He has more than 12 years of experience in the industry.
• Marianne LaCroix was appointed acting executive director for the Maine Lobster Promotion Council by its board of directors. LaCroix has served as director of marketing for the council for the past six years.
(Continued on page 2)