Sunday, May 19, 2013
• Martin's Point Health Care hired a new physician and two nurse practitioners at its Portland and South Portland locations.
Dr. Rich Entel and Peter O'Donnell, a nurse practitioner, joined Martin Point's Portland location.
Dr. Entel is board certified in family medicine.
O'Donnell is certified as a nurse and a nurse practitioner. He previously worked with a variety of health care organizations including Mercy Hospital, Correctional Medical Services and Falmouth House at Ocean View.
Alison Cameron, a nurse practitioner, joined Martin Point's South Portland location. Cameron received her master's in nursing from the University of Southern Maine.
• Melanie Cogan, a registered nurse and adult nurse practitioner, joined the Cancer Care Center of York County.
Cogan studied at the University of Southern Maine and Duke University. She is certified by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses and the Oncology Nursing Society.
• Michael Niles joined Albin, Randall & Bennett as a tax director.
Niles had operated his own CPA firm, serving the tax needs of small businesses and individuals. Before then, he was a principal at Berry Dunn for seven years.
• Meredith Smithson, a registered nurse, joined Thornton Oaks Retirement Community as a health services coordinator.
Most recently, Smithson was the asthma educator at Mid Coast Hospital and has several years experience in retirement and assisted living residences in the greater Portland area.
• Penny Wheeler-Abbott joined Drummond Woodsum as a non-lawyer policy and human resources consultant.
Wheeler-Abbott was a teacher and school administrator in Maine for more than 17 years.
Gregory Im also joined the firm as a member of its public sector group, practicing in the area of public finance.
Im was previously the Assistant Attorney General for the State of Maine.
• Cale Pickford joined Allen Insurance and Financial as a personal and commercial insurance specialist.
Pickford, of Lincolnville, previously held a similar position with Atlantic Insurance and Benefits in Belfast.
• Leo Maheu was named an environmental educator for ecomaine.
Maheu, of Portland, previously did environmental work for Portland Trails, the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge and the Merryspring Nature Center.
• Reid Scher was named executive director of St. Andre Home, Inc.
Scher, of Windham, was previously with the Institute for Financial Literacy in South Portland, Northeast Alternative Services, Spurwink Agency and the University of Southern Maine.
• Trace Salter of Freeport was named the event manager for Easter Seals Maine's Toast on the Coast event in April at Ocean Gateway in Portland.
Salter will oversee all aspects of the fundraiser, including sponsorships, logistics and community outreach.