Saturday, April 19, 2014
• Garrett Adams was hired as a sales agent at Lux Realty Group to broker transactions and assist with investment analysis and business development.
Adams recently earned an MBA with a concentration in finance from the University of Southern Maine.
• Chris LaRoche was named executive director of Westbrook Housing.
LaRoche of Alfred was recently the housing director of the York County Community Action Corporation. He has 11 years experience promoting affordable housing for low- and moderate-income people. Prior to that, he was a priest for Portland's Roman Catholic Diocese.
• Jeffrey Herbert joined the Law Offices of Robert E. Danielson as an associate attorney.
Herbert will focus on all aspects of real estate and corporate law, including commercial and residential development, acquisitions, sales, leasing and permitting. He will also serve as counsel to Old Port Title.
• Ken Rackliff and Eric Shorey were hired at Clyde Bergemann Auburn.
Rackliff was named a quality manager and Shorey was hired as a design engineer.
Rackliff was previously with the American Bureau of Shipping in Bath. He also worked as an engineer for Tidewater Marine in Louisiana.
Shorey formerly worked for Applied Thermal Sciences in Sanford, where he worked in engineering and project management for 11 years.
• F. Robert "Rob" Wilson was named managing director of new products at CEI Capital Management, LLC.
Wilson previously served for five years as the company's chief investment officer.
• Sarah Coburn was elected a partner of Verrill Dana.
Coburn joined the firm's private clients group in February of 2008 after working at another firm in Portland.
• Angela Hardy joined the Great Schools Partnership as a senior associate. Hardy of South China most recently worked at Unity College as the director of the Center for Experiential and Environmental Education.
• Leanne Walker joined Diversified Business Communications as a market research analyst. Walker was previously employed with the University of Southern Maine in Gorham.
• Michael Poulin, a shareholder with Skelton, Taintor & Abbott, began a three-year appointment to the Fee Arbitration Commission of the Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar.
Poulin has practiced law with the firm since he was admitted to the bar in 1982.
• Thomas Chadbourne, Dr. Karen Simone and Creighton Taylor joined the board of trustees for Spring Harbor Hospital in Westbrook.
Chadbourne of Portland is the founder of Waterford Properties.
Simone of Portland is director of the Northern New England Poison Center, assistant professor of emergency medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine, and clinical assistant professor of emergency medicine at the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Taylor of Falmouth owns Thrive! Life Design Coaching and is a founding member of the Voices of Recovery Speakers Bureau.
• Ann McFarland and Mark Girr joined the board of directors for The Iris Network.
McFarland is a broker with Drum & Drum Real Estate.
Girr is the founder and president of GirrCorp Consulting Group.
• The Maine Supreme Judicial Court named Gregory Caswell of Falmouth chair of the Board of Overseers of the Bar.
Charles Gilbert III of Bangor was named vice chair.
Caswell is co-founder of the Caswell Vlachos Group, LLC, a mergers and acquisitions/sell-side advisory firm in Portland.
Gilbert is admitted to practice in Maine and Massachusetts, and several federal courts including the United States Supreme Court. He maintains a broad based general practice including litigation, transactional and municipal law.
(Continued on page 2)