• Maksim Ferros and Patrick Fitzgerald joined Fluid Imaging Technologies Inc. in Yarmouth.
Ferros, of Portland, was hired as new product engineer.
He previously worked in planning and engineering at Allagash Valve & Controls, Inc. in Portland.
Fitzgerald, of Portland, was hired as a shipper and receiver.
He previously worked in behavioral health at Providence Service Corporation in Springvale.
• Tom Groening joined the Island Institute as editor of The Working Waterfront.
Groening is a reporter and editor with more than 25 years of experience in Maine journalism. He has been with the Bangor Daily News for the past 14 years, most recently as Belfast bureau chief.
• Bob Armstrong was hired as executive director of Sunnybrook Village in Brunswick.
Armstrong has more than 30 years of experience in assisted-living administration, policy development, advocacy and higher education.
• Charlie Woodworth was appointed executive director of Maine Huts & Trails.
Woodworth, of Yarmouth and Carrabassett Valley, has more than 20 years of entrepreneurship and management experience.
• Jennifer Alley was hired as technical manager at GAC Chemical Corporation.
Alley, of Searsport, was previously an account manager for Ashland (Hercules).
• Katie Bernier joined Pulp+Wire in Portland as a production manager.
Bernier is a Maine-based illustrator and graphic designer. She will also contribute to its team of artists.
• Jeanne Baltzersen joined Diversified Business Communications as a market research analyst.
Baltzersen was previously with Hewlett- Packard, Steamboat Springs, Co.
• Lynne Richard was hired by the Lake Auburn Watershed Protection Commission as its watershed education and outreach manager.
Richard was recently the education coordinator for the Portland Water District. She also is Maine's state coordinator for Project WET, Water Education for Teachers.
• Matt Jancovic was named executive vice president of sales and marketing for Oxford Networks.
Jancovic, of Gray, was previously the vice president of marketing for the Maine-based technology company. He has worked in the telecommunications and Internet industries for over 18 years.
• Angie Hunt, of The Cedars in Portland, was promoted to chief operating officer.
Hunt joined The Cedars in 2000 and most recently served as executive director of The Osher Inn, assisted living at The Cedars.
• Environmental and Energy Technology Council of Maine elected the following new members to its board of directors. They include: Chad Allen of Cianbro; John Carroll of Central Maine Power; William Taylor of Pierce Atwood; and Brad Weller of Macpage
• New England Medical Transcription, a Maine-based company, was awarded high marks with the release of the "2012 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Services" report.
NEMT received an overall performance score of 92.7 out of 100. NEMT also scored 8.7 out of 9 in the "money's worth" category.
• Nancy Marshall Communications has contracted with Summit Natural Gas of Maine Inc. to provide public relations, marketing and Web development services.Tweet