Thursday, April 17, 2014
• Stacey Schmidt was hired at Mid Coast Health Services as an asthma educator.
Schmidt is a registered respiratory therapist with more than eight years' experience educating and treating people with heart and lung disease.
In her new role, Schmidt will be spearheading Mid Coast's Asthma Education Program.
• Michael Towle and Brendan Poutre joined DoubleTree by Hilton Portland.
Towle, a 35-year hospitality veteran, was appointed general manager. He was previously a general manager with GF Management and URGO Hotels.
Poutre was appointed director of sales and marketing. He was most recently director of sales with Maine Course Hospitality Group.
• Dayton Benway and S. Andrew Smith, senior managers with Baker Newman Noyes, were named principals.
Benway, of Freeport, was named principal in the healthcare management consulting division. He joined the firm in 2000.
Smith, of North Yarmouth, was named tax principal. He began his career as an intern and was hired in 1998.
• William Harwood, a partner in Verrill Dana's Portland office, will serve as chair for the 2013 Campaign for Justice.
Funds raised through the campaign are used to support six civil legal aid providers across the state: Pine Tree Legal Assistance, Legal Services for the Elderly, Cumberland Legal Aid Clinic, Maine Volunteer Lawyers Project, Maine Equal Justice Partners and the Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project.
Harwood is chair of the board of directors for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. He is former chair of the American Bar Association's Special Committee on Gun Violence and past president of the Maine Bar Foundation.
• The Greater Bangor Convention & Visitors Bureau has a new board of directors:
Mike Dyer, of Cross Insurance Center; Tracy Willette, of the City of Bangor Parks & Recreation; Christine Parker, of BangorMetro and Real Maine Weddings; Elizabeth Hansen, of the Bangor Daily News; Kim Reid, of the Bangor Mall; Mark Stephens, of The Brewster Inn;
Chris Torrey, of The Fairfield Inn; Kelly Cotiaux, of Sephone Internet Solutions; F. David Walker, of Rudman & Winchell; and Sue Hawes, member at large.