Thursday, December 12, 2013
• The American Institute of Architects, Maine, announced its new board of directors, led by 2013 president Judy Johnson, a principal at Harriman and a member of the AIA Maine board since 2008.
Johnson is joined by executive committee members: vice president Robert Tillotson of Oak Point Associates; secretary John Charette of Charette Design; treasurer John Morris II of John Morris Architects; and immediate past president Scott Brown of the Maine Department of Education.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• Casey Hamlin of Reliant Mortgage Company, LLC, was named top sales producer for 2012. Hamlin joined the company as a mortgage banker in 2007 with 10 years of experience in the industry. He has been the company's number one sales producer since 2010.
• Dana Totman was recently recognized with the Maine Real Estate & Development Association's Robert B. Patterson Jr. Founder's Award.
Totman has served as president and chief executive officer of Avesta Housing since 2000. Since joining Avesta Housing, he has increased the agency's portfolio from 800 apartments to 1,900 apartments.
This includes 278 new units completed or under construction in the past year valued at more than $61 million.
• Dr. Nick Roy has opened Saco River Dentistry at 440 Narraganset Trail in Buxton, formerly Gentle Dental. Roy has worked at the location since 2010.
• The Law Offices of Richard J. Dudzisz opened a new office at 312 Cottage St. in Sanford. Dudzisz is licensed to practice law in Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire and has more than 20 years of legal experience.
• Trane's Portland area location, serving all of Maine and parts of New Hampshire, has moved to 860 Spring St. in Westbrook.
Trane has moved to a new HVAC parts and supplies store and sales and service office.