Friday, April 25, 2014
(Continued from page 1)
• Anna Moorman, a voluntary benefits account manager at Allen Insurance and Financial, obtained a license to sell life and health insurance in the state of Maine. Moorman, of Thomaston, joined the company's voluntary benefits team in October 2012.
• Arline Hartley was promoted to vice president and accounting manager at SIS Bank. Hartley, of Springvale, joined SIS in 1980 as a teller at the Springvale branch. She has since held a variety of positions at SIS.
• Luc Comeau was recently promoted to movie buyer for Bull Moose. Comeau, of Portland, has worked for Bull Moose since 1998, when he started as a sales clerk in Lewiston. He was promoted to manager of its Brunswick store, then to shipping manager at the Scarborough Warehouse. He then returned to manage its Brunswick store.
• Richard Shepard was promoted to vice president of operations at BioSpecialists. Shepard, of Casco, joined BioSpecialists three years ago. At the same time, he has been a senior investigator in the Maine State Fire Marshal's Office. He is retiring after 26 years with the state. He recently rejoined the Casco Fire-Rescue as an on-call firefighter and is recertifying as an EMT.
• Charlie Hahn was named vice president and chief financial officer of Dead River Co. Hahn, of Falmouth, is the former managing principal at Baker Newman Noyes. He had worked there since 1995 as a tax principal, director of tax services, and was made managing principal in 2008.
• James Libby was promoted to academic dean of Thomas College. Libby has been a faculty member at Thomas College since 2002, serving the past five years as the chair of its department of business administration. He is a former two-term state senator and two-term state representative, serving in the Maine Legislature from 1992 to 2000.
• Camden National Corp. recently announced the promotions of six employees.
Representing advancement within the organization's management ranks:
Barry King, senior credit analyst, vice president; and Erin Merrill, deposit services manager, assistant vice president.
Amy Eldridge was promoted to an item processing officer, Megan Kennedy to a deposit services officer, Elizabeth Grierson, to an electronic banking officer, and Jason Freeman, to an information technology officer.
• Kate Schleh, a system designer with Northeast Security Systems, Inc., was appointed vice president for the Lincoln County Triad.
• Kristen Crean joined the board of directors at the Kids First Center. Crean is the director of development at Spurwink and past president of the Junior League of Portland. She lives in Portland.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• Sabre Yachts named DiMillo's Yacht Sales as its Dealer of the Year. Chris DiMillo and his team have won this honor for the sixth consecutive year. DiMillo's Yacht Sales has been in business since 1998. In 2006, the dealership expanded to New York.