Friday, March 7, 2014
(Continued from page 2)
Those designated as Super Lawyers include John Lambert Jr. for civil litigation; Samuel Rudman and Peter Del Bianco for general litigation; and Philip Coffin for medical malpractice defense.
Associates Jeffrey Russell and Maureen Sturtevant were named Rising Stars in the field of medical malpractice defense.
• Houses & Barns by John Libby was recognized as the 2012 Business of the Year by the Greater Freeport Chamber of Commerce. John Libby, founder and president, was recognized for 40-plus years of successful business operations and generosity toward the local community.
• Ray Hews was recently honored for his 23 years of service on the TAMC Endowments Board.
Hews has also served as vice president and president and was also a member of the TAMC Investment Committee for more than 12 years.
• The Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project recently held its annual awards event, honoring several of its volunteers.
ILAP honored Kelly, Remmel & Zimmerman of Portland as the Pro Bono Firm of the year for 2012. The firm has three attorneys on ILAP's Pro Bono Asylum Panel: Jennifer Archer, Timothy Steigelman and Lauri Boxer-Macomber. Last year, they donated more than 400 hours to seven asylum clients from Rwanda, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Burundi.
Salvatore Savatteri of Portland was named ILAP's Pro Bono Attorney of the Year. Savatteri conducted 19 pro bono Know Your Rights presentations at Cumberland County Jail in 2012.
Pro Bono Attorney Collaboration awards were given to Barbara Vestal of Chester & Vestal in Portland; and Rodney Shain of Sanford. Vestal and Shain both represented children in jeopardy proceedings.
ILAP also presented several awards to its volunteers: Erin Tolan of South Portland; Mary Stockmeyer of Portland and Meg Moran of Portsmouth, N.H.
Molly McMahon and Paul Revier, both of Portland, were named Community Volunteers of the Year.
• Central Maine Power Co., a subsidiary of Iberdrola USA, ranked No. 1 in business customer satisfaction among midsize electric utilities in the Eastern states according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2013 Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study.
This is the company's seventh No. 1 ranking for business or residential customer satisfaction.
CMP was recognized twice in the past two years by the Edison Electric Institute for its response to major storms, including Hurricane Sandy and Topical Storm Irene.
• Townsend Real Estate & Art Gallery relocated to 553 Shore Road in Cape Elizabeth. The expanded real estate office will feature new agents Whitfield Palmer, Ann Filipos and Kate Hodgson.
• Down East Enterprise Inc. is opening a new office in Portland. The office, opening this month, is located in the Merrill's Wharf building. Down East headquarters are in Rockport.