Saturday, March 8, 2014
TO SUBMIT AN ITEM
ON THE MOVE runs Tuesdays and Sundays. Submit items of interest regarding new employees, promotions and professional honors to: Business Editor, The Portland Press Herald, P.O. Box 1460, Portland 04104, or email to business@ pressherald.com.
ITEMS GENERALLY will run seven to 14 days after they are received. Pictures must be submitted using the jpeg format and sent as attachments.
• Roger El-Hachem, M.D., a specialist in internal medicine, has joined Bridgton Internal Medicine. El-Hachem previously practiced in Willimantic, Conn., in a solo practice and later with Hartford Medical Group. He also served as a hospitalist at Windham Community Memorial Hospital in Willimantic. He lives in Raymond.
• Dr. Hongna Wang and Dr. Frank Femia joined Putney, Inc.
Dr. Wang was hired as senior manager of product development. She was previously with Endo/Qualitest Pharmaceuticals, where she served as manager of product development at their human generic pharmaceuticals manufacturing facility.
Dr. Femia was hired as manager of product development. He was the U.S. director of chemistry, manufacturing and controls at IBA Molecular, a company that develops radiopharmaceuticals.
• Trish Shorey of Bridgton joined Linnell, Choate & Webber, LLP.
Shorey's practice areas include employment law, workers' compensation and criminal law. She is admitted to practice law in Maine and Massachusetts.
• Scott Miele joined Maine State Ballet as director of institutional development. Miele of Windham has a degree in business management and more than five years experience in sales and marketing.
Dvorah Governale was recently named membership manager at Maine State Ballet. Governale has a bachelor's of fine arts degree in design and technology for theater. She has more than six years experience in marketing and has danced ballet for 14 years.
• Carol Walker Aten joined Common Good Ventures as a senior consultant in January. Aten has more than 20 years of practical and strategic experience as a nonprofit executive and community and board leader. Her professional experience includes being a nonprofit manager, family foundation trustee and community bank corporator.
• Dan Eastwood joined Glacial Multimedia as a Web editor.
Eastwood is responsible for Web edits, as well as site finalization edits and some graphic design.
• BerryDunn added the following individuals to its staff.
Scott Hackett and Matthew Litz joined its tax services group.
Hackett, a tax specialist based in Bangor, joined from an accounting firm in Massachusetts.
Litz, a senior tax manager in Portland, is a CPA with law degrees in taxation. Most recently, he worked for a CPA firm in Raleigh, N.C.
Karla Fossett, Harry Lanphear, Kevin Price and Yoko McCarthy joined BerryDunn's government consulting group:
Fossett was hired as a technical writer. Recently, she worked as a training documentation specialist for Delhaize America.
Lanphear, a federal government business development and senior consultant, was previously a director of information security at MaineGeneral Medical Center.
McCarthy, a certified fraud examiner, joined as a consultant. McCarthy previously worked for the Massachusetts state government.
Price, a consultant in Portland, is completing his master's degree in public policy and management at the Muskie School.
Kristine McNeil, a proposal writer and business development specialist, joined BerryDunn's management and IT consulting group. Previously, she worked at Digital Research Inc.
Mathieu Fortier, a staff auditor in Portland, rejoined BerryDunn's financial services group. Most recently, he worked for Martin's Point Health Care.
• Christopher Hall was hired as chief executive officer of the Portland Regional Chamber. Hall has served as the chamber's senior vice president for the last six years and as acting CEO for the past two months. Prior to his work in Portland, Hall was a senior vice president and general counsel at the Maine State Chamber of Commerce for 17 years.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• United Parcel Service recognized Mail-It Unlimited in Kennebunk as the number eight authorized shipping outlet in the country. Each year UPS announces the top 100 shipping outlets in the country. Mail-It Unlimited has made the list every year since 2004. In 2012, it reached another milestone and broke into the top 10.
(Continued on page 2)